Pear Park Baptist Church was organized on June 11, 1903, with 13 charter members. Land at the current location was donated, and a building was erected. In January of 1904, the Sunday School was organized. As a country church Pear Park had outreach to the community with mission Sunday Schools at the Fruitvale, Garfield, and Allen school houses.
In the early years, Pear Park was a part of the Northern Baptist Convention. However, in 1950 Pear Park, in order to remain true to fundamental Bible doctrine, severed its connection with the convention. For a period of about 12 years following, the church was part of the Conservative Baptist Association. Then, in 1962, Pear Park became an independent church.
Over the years, Pear Park has had a number of good pastors. One of those men was Harlan Larsen. In 1974 he became pastor and served for over 20 years. During his tenure, the ministry of Pear Park was greatly enhanced. Both the Christian School and the Radio Station were begun. Also under his leadership the current auditorium building was constructed.
In June of 1995, Randy David became pastor. Today Pear Park is building families and individuals for Christ as we reach into our neighborhood and around the world. God has been good to Pear Park Baptist Church over the years, and He continues to bless for which we are thankful. By the Lord's help it is our prayer that Pear Park will continue to reach the lost and minister to saints, giving God the glory.
Pastor David attended Pear Park Baptist School as a teenager.
He holds a Bachelor's and a Master's from Bob Jones University.
In 1982, he joined the pastoral staff @ Pear Park as a youth pastor.
Having served 13 years as youth pastor, Pastor David assumed the role of senior pastor in 1995.
Dennis Cowdrey joined the staff at Pear Park Baptist Church in 1979. Dennis's primary responsibility is teaching and oversight of the Christian School. He also assists with various special ministries in the church.
Pastor Dobson received his Bachelor's from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and his Master's of Divinity from Central Seminary. He has pastored in the West since 1975. In 2004, he joined the staff at Pear Park to assist with outreach ministries and church planting in the area.